Cisco Find Mobile Data Traffic Will be 78% Video by 2021
12th Mar 2017
The Mobile Visual Networking Index 2017, released by Cisco, has found that by 2021, 78% of worldwide mobile data traffic will be made up of video, compared to 60% in 2016.
The report compared global figures to show accelerated growth in the past 12 months, and notes that this figure could be even higher in Western Europe – 80%, followed closely by Latin America -79%.
Other interesting report predictions
- On a global scale, there will be 5.5 billion mobile device users by 2021, compared to 4.9 billion in 2016.
- Mobile speeds will be 20.4 Mbps, compared to 6.8 Mbps in 2016.
- 2021 will see 1.5 mobile devices for every person inhabiting the Earth.
- More people will have a mobile device than running water in 2021.
- Virtual reality headsets will number 100 million devices, compared to 18 million in 2016.