STILL TIME TO REGISTER FOR OTT STREAMING FORUM AT EXCEL LONDON
5th Feb 2018
There’s still time for you to register for next week’s Streaming Forum at London’s ExCel Centre at the heart of the Docklands. Building Smarter OTT Services promises to be a lively, not-to-be-missed event, and according to Conference Chair, Eric Schumacher-Rasmussen, there are some good reasons why you should be there this year:
- Take a look behind the scenes with OTT providers like Sky and BT – join us as we listen to keynote speaker, Jeff Webb (Principal Streaming Architect) from Sky UK, offering insights into why Sky is ‘moving towards a containerised microservices architecture’, and what he expects to be the benefits and challenges. BT’s Nick Pearce will also speak later of the impact of live streaming on sports, media and broadcast.
- More about cutting-edge video AI and machine learning from IBM, Amazon Web Services and major sponsor Metaliquid – Lee Atkinson of Amazon Web Services will be speaking about the construction of intelligent media platforms with Amazon AI.
- An opportunity to find out more about the latest sports streaming strategies from industry giants such as BT Sport, Perform Group, the FA and beIN Sports – Drew Barrand from the English Football League is amongst the keynote speakers.
- Maximising video delivery workflow with HTML5 and CMAF – a brief, yet enlightening presentation to give you what you need to know with Erica Beavers, of Streamroot, France.
- A chance to find out what’s right for your business in terms of delivery protocols – panel discussion about HEVC, AV1 and VP9 with experts from Google, Wowza Media and bitmovin.
- Gain new insights into the future of OTT and pay TV – what will they look like? And what can you do to ensure your services keep you at the top of your game.
- How leveraging analytics can stop customer churn – a demonstration of real cases and how the application of deep learning technologies can improve new services and deliver them to the end user.
- Networking opportunities – the OTT Streaming Forum brings together industry experts and professionals in a unique gathering. With lunch and drinks reception, and numerous opportunities during tea breaks, networking here could bring the most benefits.
- Access to the BVE Expo with your Streaming Forum pass - the 3-day BVE expo attracts more than 15,000 industry professionals every year, and demonstrates the latest technologies, best practices and industry insights.
Not only that, but Mr Schumacher-Rasmussen suggest, as his final reason why you simply cannot afford to miss out on this years’ Streaming Forum – FREE BEER.
Head on over to register now, and take your place at the best opportunity this year for learning, networking (and free beer, of course).